Friday, May 21, 2010

I put seeds 2 inches in ground.soil was moist ,can I cover with plastic black bag to germinate?the sun is out,

Won't this help germinate them? Im growing banna peppers and bell peppers? Also I put them 3 inches apart in a row..then I started another row 12 inches. Good or bad idea? Cause it said 24 inches between rows ,but i dont have the room.Also I dont have any potting soil,but the dirt is black and moist...their was plenty of weeds in there before I cleared it out,so im thinking they will grow just fine.What do you think? I also have other vegtables but I thought I'd ask before I put any thing else in the ground..and we are clear of any more frost..today its 74 degrees.

I put seeds 2 inches in ground.soil was moist ,can I cover with plastic black bag to germinate?the sun is out,
I wouldn't worry about the spacing at this point...that is the least of your worries. The basic rule of thumb is to plant any seed only twice as deep as the seed is big. that would mean a pepper seed should just be dusted with the soil, and tamped firm. the second problem is the fact that most peppers are started indoor, and transplanted as seedlings after danger of frost, and when the soil has warmed, not just the air temp. I have great concerns that your seeds will just rot
Reply:You'd do better putting something over them that would allow the sunlight in!

barber

No comments:

Post a Comment