Monday, November 16, 2009

Can i still be a firefighter if I have had a misdemeanor?

I'm a juvenile and i want to be a firefighter. Last year i was smoking weed at the park and got caught by the police. They gave me a citation and i went to court for it. The judge only gave me a 10-hour juvenile drug program. I finished it and now my record is cleared. Would this disqualify me to be a firefighter? Also....I know my record has been cleared but I have heard that they can still find out and give a lie detector test. I'm stressing out HELP!!!

Can i still be a firefighter if I have had a misdemeanor?
Today yes because your records will be sealed. If you had a felony, no. Certain agencies are fighting for the ability to open up sealed records during background checks. Don't know if the fire department is one of them.

martial arts shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment