Monday, November 16, 2009

Gardening Fruits and Veggies in a clear plastic box? And lawn trouble?

Ok here's my problem, I want to plan my own garden this year. I mean like the whole enchilada. (Speaking lawn, gardening, everything). The kind of yard that I have is hard, so my mother suggested to me that maybe i could put my veggies and ect. in clear storage boxes and have them on the patio. I thought that was a good idea but i don't know how many quarts the box needs to be.





And also I am trying to fix my lawn too because it looks kinda shitty. So i was going to get a few of the Miracle Grow fertilizers with like crabgrass control and another with weed control and mix them together and pour them around the yard. Any advice please?

Gardening Fruits and Veggies in a clear plastic box? And lawn trouble?
Do NOT mix together herbicides or fertilizers that have been packaged together. Don't be playing with those chemicals unless you know what is what.





Use a preemergent to stop weeds from sprouting. Apply one herbacide at a time, then wait. They susally take a while to work.





Fertilize per package directions. And next time use half as much.





Just grow your veggies in normal pots if you aren't going to plant them. A #5, or 5 gallon as they are called, will be big enough. They are about a foot across and about that deep too.





You're asking for a semster's worth of info in a few paragraphs. Get a good gardening book and read lots. Then get two more books and read them.
Reply:what do you mean that your lawn looks shitty? because you could reseed it with kentucky blue grass, one of the best grass type there is. and garden, what type of soil do you have? sand? clay?


No comments:

Post a Comment