Monday, November 16, 2009

How do I get rid of Palmetto plant bushes growing thru out my lawn?

I have tried using weed killer but it does not help.I thought I would dig up the roots but they are so big I am guessing that when my land was cleared the clearer did not dig deep enough.

How do I get rid of Palmetto plant bushes growing thru out my lawn?
Palmettos are tenacious. Try undiluted RoundUp. Use a paint brush, cotton ball on a stick, foam brush, whatever you have, paint the undiluted liquid on the leaves. Naturally being careful not to drip or walk on poisoned palmettos. good luck
Reply:When I lived in Florida, we had Palmetto trees growing all over. I cut some down and they returned quickly. I ended up digging around the base and burning them. These are probably the hardest vegetation to kill that I have ever seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment